This course prepares individuals to work under the supervision of licensed health care professionals in performing nursing care and services for person of all ages. The course also offers growth and developmental throughout the life span, personal care, vital signs, aseptic techniques, observe physical, mental and emotional conditions and report any changes to the nursing or medical stuff.
The nursing assistant works under the supervision of RN/LPN and performs the following tasks but are not limited to giving care, performing nursing procedures such as personal hygiene, safety, nutrition, exercise, elimination and oxygen needs of the patients and residents. Assists RN with admission, room orientation, data collection and documentation. Assists physicians as indicated. Collects patient specimen, monitors, collects and documents data on a 24-hour flow sheet.
After successful completion of this course and the State Board Exam a Nursing Assistant will be eligible for employment in Nursing Homes, Home Care, Long Term Care Facility, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Centers /Hospitals.
- Introduction to Nursing Assistant
- Communication Skills and Professionalism
- Observation, Reporting and Documentation
- Meeting Basic Human Needs
- Ethical and Legal Issues Affecting the Nursing Assistant
- Infection Control and Isolation Techniques
- Environmental and Nursing Assistant Safety
- Patient Safety and Positioning
- Measuring and Recording Vital Signs, Height and Weight
- Patient Care and Control Measures